Re: Spary on liners

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 12 1999 - 15:09:56 EST

<< Right now I have a Mopar bed liner for my Dak but the tailgate wasn't
installed really tight so it's been scraping the paint off the top of the gate
near the outside. Not to mention the rest of the liner has done a number on
the paint inside the bed. Is a spray on liner worth the money since I've
already bought a $300 mopar one? Would it look funny to have just the
tailgate done like someone mentioned to another member? >>

I had a Mopar liner, over the rail, on my Dakota for only 1 1/2 years when I
took the entire drop in liner out to discover that where it covers the liner,
the paint was wore down the the metal! Also, in MANY areas(large areas) the
paint was wore down to the metal and starting to form rust!!!!!! Well that is
the first and last time I ever waste my money on a drop in liner. I went to my
local Rhino-Liner shop and they gave me $100 for my plastic liner and sprayed
the bed, over the rail, and the tailgate for $300. I love this liner and will
never question the greatness of this product. I had some small dime size areas
chip off, only 3 off them, after a weekend of hauling landscaping Keystone,
and they sprayed the areas over with no questions asked. If all you want to do
it the tailgate, go for it. I bet though that you like it so much, you will
have your entire bed sprayed with the liner material. Good Luck.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6
100,500 miles