Re: Re: Re: Adjusting Transmission Bands????

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 12 1999 - 23:54:17 EST

<< >You'll need to change ALL of the tranny fluid if you're switching over to
>Amsoil - considerably more than 4 qts.

 about a case (12 quarts) but I don't know that change ALL of the fluid is
 required (besides, you can't get it all without taking out the torque
 converter) unless the Amsoil fluid is not compatible (which I seriously
 doubt)

The manual says that when performing a routine tranny fluid change, (dropping
the pan and replacing the filter) you will need about 4 quarts of ATF. I could
see using 12qts if I was 'flushing' the system, but other than that, 4-5 qts
will suffice.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6