Pre-Mag Upgrades? -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 13 1999 - 17:00:49 EST

Here's what I've learnt =)

Edelbrock makes a set of shorties that help. I got them from Summit. they
were 190 on my doorstep. The thing about them is when I went to install
them I realized I would've had to reroute of bunch of EGR tubes, so I had
a mechanic do it. I you go the way of the headers, get them COATED!
Mine are already starting oxidize and I got them in August =( JET makes a
module for TBI premags built after March 88 (or something close to that) It
will probably help too. You can also get an open element filter and get an
exhaust made for a little more pick me up... don't go bigger than 2.5"
though... I learned that the hard way =( I'm talkin' to Bruce and Frank
about TB's, and if you REALLY want to spend some $$$, Mopar
Performance makes a set of Racin' Heads and an Intake manifold, but
from what I understand you can only use them with a carbed
motor..same goes for the cams... that's what they tell me anyway, but I
may just get the cam and run it anyway....
hope this helps

-mike d.

>>> Dan Matthews <dakota_v6_89@hotmail.com> 02/11/99 01:22am >>>
Any of you Pre-Mag owners out there have any good recommendations
for
gaining performance (esp. on the v-6) ? I'd like to know afew more of
the options that are available for them!
Thanks

-Dan Matthews
3.9L V-6 TBI
'89 LE, Auto, 2wd