Re: Slipping transmission

From: allaneyre@email.com
Date: Sun Feb 14 1999 - 01:36:06 EST

I had this problem too Brett, the only thing is mine progressed farther before I really knew what was going on. First I noticed a little slipping, mostly when cold... then it worsened and added a couple symptoms. I would come to a stop and the truck would either stall or catch itself and buck. Then I also noticed her stalling when shifting from reverse to drive. Finally told them to pull the tranny out. They found a torn seal in the clutch packs and the clutch burnt. They replaced the seal, replaced and repacked the clutch and problem seems to be solved. The shifting is a little off now, but that happens anytime someone mucks with the tranny. Hope this helps... also, I think there is a TSB on it at the NHTSA web site. Good luck!

~ Allan