RE: New Dak Shifting Clunk

From: dakota_5sp_v8 (Dakota_5sp_v8@zracer.com)
Date: Sun Feb 14 1999 - 20:49:30 EST

I have the same truck only a 98 and no clunking. Sometimes I feel a thud
after the truck is stopped. The funny thing about my truck is some noises
come and go (especially after wheeling). What kind of clunk is it and when
does it happen? If you slip the clutch will it still clunk? The clutch is a
grabber from hell. When you drop it, it grabs right now with NO slip. At
that time you might get a clunk but that is expected. after the first 500
miles, try speed shifting and yowl know what I mean.

Joel

http://www.zracer.com/dakota.htm