Re: Problem with Tire Spin

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Mon Feb 15 1999 - 09:22:31 EST

Goodyear Inslictas with a few miles on them combined with no LSD may be it .

You have to remember that as you wear tread off of the tires that they
become smaller in circumference , which makes it easier for the engine to
spin as well .

Kinda like going to a 3.92 versus a 3.55 .

At 11:56 AM 2/13/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello everyone, my name is Joe Council, I have a problem with my dak. For
>the past several months the rear tires spin with only a slight damp road. I
>am barely pressing on the gas and they start to spin freely. To give you
>some background. My dak is a 98SLT with a V6. The one option I did not get
>is the Limited Slip Differential. (Maybe my problem). I have the original
>tires and wheels. (Also maybe my problem). Has anyone else experience this
>problem, or does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix it. Thanks
>
>Joe

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html