Re: Getting Blown

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 15 1999 - 19:55:50 EST

At 06:18 PM 2/14/99 -0500, you wrote:
[...]
>Well since we're talking about this... when I get done with my visual
>and sound system mods I might like to add a paxton or somthing to my
>6er. Remembering that my truck is a daily driver (100-200 miles a day)
>could one of you gear heads give me some insight as to what might be
>better and what some of the differences are between a blower and and a
>paxton supercharger? I figure NOS is out since it beats the hell of of
>your motor. If somone has the time, please give me some edu-ma-ca-tion
>on this! Thanx Bob

  Actually, on a daily driver, I'd be leaning towards nitrous. A blower
is on all the time, nitrous is on only when you want to go fast... If
you're concerned about the "instant on" effect of nitrous, progressive
nitrous kits are available which will ramp up the nitrous to full strength
over a longer time span. Besides the additional cost, the only real
drawback to these kits are that they're hard on the solenoids.

                                               -Jon-