RE: Toronto Auto Show - 2/27/99

From: Norah Bleazard (nbleazard@home.com)
Date: Tue Feb 16 1999 - 21:33:10 EST

> This auto show looks pretty nice! 550,000 sq. feet, and
> quite a few concept cars. Chrysler has a few concepts there this
> year, including the 325hp Dodge Charger. No mention yet of the
> quad cab dakota, but we can always hope... If its there, I'll
> be sure to take pics for everyone. For more info, check out
> http://csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu/WWWProfile/dmlevent/RbJ6B74uNU802/

Hey Jon,

I know that you mentioned it on the event page, but I thought we should
remind everyone here as well. Last year Jason and I each got to test drive
a Durango on an off road 4x4 test track set up beside the Convention Centre.
It was great. They also had a Hummer and a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the
360. I'm still not sure what they're going to have to drive this year, but
I'm also not sure if I'll be able to try it this year -- stupid incisions
take forever to heal :(

> We haven't quite worked out all the details yet; when we do, I'll
> post them to the above page. So far, it looks like we'll be meeting
> up at the auto show in the morning (about 10:30am, which is when it
> opens). Nobody has actually talked about it, but knowing this
> group, I suspect we'll be heading out to dinner or something
> afterwards; :-) maybe the Hard Rock Cafe again?

I was thinking we should try out Planet Hollywood. It's within walking
distance of the Convention Centre, if everyone is game?

> Anyway, I just wanted to post something about this in case
> there was anyone out there who didn't know who might be
> interested...

Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd