Re: gauges

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 17 1999 - 17:02:47 EST

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, Geoffrey Hackbart wrote:
> Hey all,
> Just thought I'd let ya'll know that I got my white face gauges today. I
> also installed them today. They look cool!! The installation was not too
> bad. All you have to do is take off the dash and unscrew the cluster and
> peel off the old face off the plastic backing. Then just line up the new
> one and peel off the back cover off of it and it sticks to the factory
> clear plastic backing(which connects the needles and such to the puter.)
> You have to take off the stop needles from the factory cluster and put
> them on the new one. Not hard at all.

Geoffrey,

  When you were in there, did you happen to notice how the
dash lighting works? Is it a single bulb back there that just
shines through some clear plexiglass or something which
the guages are stuck to?

  If I understand your message correctly, the factory guages
are nothing more than "stickers" which are attached to some
clear plastic with a light behind 'em?

                                              -Jon-