Re: Getting Blown (Charles)

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 11:50:31 EST

In a message dated 2/16/99 10:15:49 PM Pacific Standard Time, Dak99RT@aol.com
writes:

<< Most places are around $3.50 a pound... so a 10 pound bottle is $35 to
fill.
 I heard it depends on whether or not you have a bottle heater on will
determin
 how many runs you can get out of a bottle. I havent run my truck with my NX
 kit yet so I am not sure but I heard around 8-10 runs per fill-up Still much
 cheaper and versitile in my opnion than a $4000+ supercharger.
 Charles >>

What I used to do when I ran alot of nitrous was to fill the bottle myself...
For about $80, I could get ~50lbs of nitrous from a local welding supply shop.
Bought the transfer lines from the shop along with the fittings, and just used
a efficient freezer to drop the pressure in the smaller bottle.... You might
want to try checking into this, especially if it's $3.50/lb in your area.

A bottle heater IMO is essential, especially in the winter months for peak
performance & more consistancy... The bottle pressure can really drop if
you're squeezing your truck constantly at the track.. or on the street.. <g>
:)

ttyl
Patrick
surf.to/rdperformance