Re: RE: Do I need new shocks for drop?

From: Dak99RT@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 19 1999 - 11:35:13 EST

In a message dated 2/18/99 10:10:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
flyboy01@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< Can't use shackles on 97+ Dakotas. Today I ordered a set of AIM 2" springs
and 3" pinion angle corrected blocks. I plan to order a set of Ground Force
shocks tomorrow. Thanks for all the help guys!

        I heard that any more than a 1" drop in the rear of an R/T or 2" drop in a
97+ Dakota rear will have clearance problems with the axle and the exhaust. I
also heard (and saw on my R/T) that there is only 1" of clearance in the front
suspension to the factory bumpstops...so 1" or more of drop in the front of a
97+ Dakota and you will be riding on the factory bumpstops.(unless of course
you cut the factory bumpstops or purchase after-market shorter ones) I am very
interested in dropping my Dakota R/T 1" in the front and 2" in the rear, or
2" in the front and 3" in the rear. So I am very interested in how you do
yours let us all know the details...any bump-steer, abnormal tire wear, or
other clearence problems... and can't wait to see some pics!
Charles smith
1999 Dakota R/T
15.1@95 mph (g-tech)
Check out my site...copy and paste the line below into your browser

http://members.aol.com/ican2u7176/index.htm