RE: Rev limiters...

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Fri Feb 19 1999 - 14:00:12 EST

At 10:05 PM 2/18/99 , you wrote:

> It's strange though...The Dak's, from what i've heard, are "Roller Motors".
> What's up with the 5200rpm Redline?? My old Camaro with the Roller Cam,
> Lifters, and Rockers had a redline of 7200rpm (and 408 Cubic Inches...not
> 239). Guess Dodge just doesn't build them like they should. (That's why we
> have the DML.)

Congratulations!! You've just discovered the difference between a truck engine
(made to produce low end torque and power for doing things a truck does) and a
hi performance car engine made for a sporty car.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

For others who may not know this:
When the preacher says, "You may now kiss
the bride," he's only speaking to the groom.