Re: Gibson sound in the cab

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Sat Feb 20 1999 - 09:57:06 EST

John,

I've had the Gibson 3" single catback on my '95 all but about 6 months of
its life. While my wife knows when I come home because she can hear the
truck, I can't tell anydifference over stock inside the cab. I leave the
CC pop-out windows open intentionally to hear it. Right after I installed
it I could tell a difference between 1600 and 2200 rpm's over stock.
Other than that, it sounds the same inside. Outside it is much more of a
big block sound -mellow and deep, not raspy or blatty like some other
brands.

Mine's aluminum, couldn't find stainless. So far, so good and I'm in
Texas. Are you on the coast? Don't have much of a humididty problem here
in San Antonio. If you're gonna be at Sealy next month you can find out
how it sounds for yourself.

Richard in SA

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999 17:19:40 -0600 John Neff <jndneff@texas.net> writes:
>Those of you that have the Gibson 3" single cat back on your 5.2L
>trucks,
>can you please let me know how it sounds inside the truck. Is it much
>louder
>than stock (inside the truck)? Is there any specific RPM that it
>resonates
>at? Also, has anyone here sprung the extra cash for the stainless kit
>instead of the aluminized steel? Things have a way of rusting here in
>Texas
>and I really do not want to have to replace it in a couple of years.
>Thanks,
>John
>98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Leach Headers, DDBC

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]