Re: I love my Dak, But........ (a little long - sorry)

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 20 1999 - 11:44:32 EST

<< I believe that you will find this on any truck or car list. I know that I
see
 the same thing on the Impala list. The main reason is that the people
 that don't have problems never post anything. The people that post
 are haveing problems and looking for answers.

 I have a 95 Dakota V8 CC that I bought new. It has 47,000 miles
 on it. The only problem it has ever had is a bad battery cable. The
 battery cable going to the starter opened up at about 12,000 miles.
 That's the only time it has even gone back to the dealer. I do all the
 normal maintance work myself. So far my Dakota has been the
 most trouble-free car or truck that I have ever owned.

 Bob Nicks

My 96 has been virtually trouble free. Well, the battery lasted 15,000 miles.
I had 1 heater core installed under warranty, just did the second one myself,
I'm on my third fuel pump/fuel level sender, and I also had to put a new
starter in in November. The truck has 58,000 miles. Did I mention the motor
blew up?? He he!!! That was my fault, not the trucks!!! I consider that
trouble free. A battery isnt that big of a deal, I see that all the time at
my work. You know how many Mazda original batteries last more then
20,000miles? Not many!!! A starter going bad isnt a big deal either, and
knowing that the Dakotas had problems with there sending units keeps me
tolerant of all the ones that have been in my truck. And, like I said, the
broken motor was my fault, not a problem with the truck, or with Dodges
engineering. If grandma owned my truck, the motor would be fine.

Brad