I love my Dak, But........ (a little long - sorry)

From: Graeme Weston-Lewis (gweston@lsil.com)
Date: Fri Feb 19 1999 - 22:53:02 EST

I took my Dak in to the dealer today for a few little things - CD player
stopped accepting CD's, headliner drooping badly at the front, truck pulls
to the right and what sounds like something loose in the door.
Later in the morning, the dealer calls me (a first for this dealer!) to tell
me they need to order a new head unit for the radio and a new headliner and
that the front ball joints need replaced, the have then in stock and I
should be able to pick up my truck around 5:00. Then about an hour later he
calls back and says now they have the front end dismantled, that the control
arms need replaced too! Unfortunately they need to order these and I won't
get my truck back until Monday or Tuesday!
Now, I picked up this truck brand spanking new on 3/1/97. It has done a
grand total of 14,500 miles....in two years.....never taken off road.....and
the ball joints and control arms are shot.....WTF.
I currently lease this vehicle and had planned to buy it next year and keep
it, but now I don't know what to think. I had the thing just stop on me in
January and it needed a new fuel pump, now the ball joint/control arm, CD
player, headliner all going bad.....what to do....what to do....

On the bright side, the dealer did keep me informed, got me a car for the
weekend (a POS Escort, but it's better than walking!!) and has requested the
control arms be delivers Saturday so they can get right on my truck Monday
morning.

Sorry for the long post, but I just had to get this off my chest. It really
p!$$es me off when CC can put out a great vehicle like the Dak and then mess
it up with poor quality control.
Anyone out there know how to tell what day of the week my truck was built?
Bet it was a Friday afternoon!!!!

Graeme
 '97 SLT CC 4x4 v8