Re: Lowering Blocks

From: DakotaJOS@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 20 1999 - 12:13:48 EST

Check out those in the AIM ad in any Truckin magazine. I have 3" lowering
blocks from Aim industries. These blocks (2" thru 4") have the pinion
correction angle built
in, this is needed. My blocks have been in use for about 85,000 miles with no
noise,
clunks and the like as you may get with that stuff from Advance, Pep Boys etc.
I had to change the end links on my rear anti-swaybar to match the 3"
lowering.
I cut half of the stock rear bumpstop off with a knife. Recently I installed
Doetsch Tech lowering shocks on the rear and Bilsteins on the front, flipped
the
overload leaf on those 2 stage springs; which allows greater travel of the
spring pack
before getting into that hard riding empty bed 2nd stage; all making for very
good
handling and ride quality. I run 5star wheels with Dunlop Sport Rover GTX,
23570 15s on the front and 27560 15s on the rear. They are the same height
and the truck sits level. This is more info than you asked for, hope you find
it useful.