Re: Viper Edition dakota?

From: brian duffey (brian.duffey@intelsat.int)
Date: Sat Feb 20 1999 - 12:20:00 EST

Ethan, if you're going to hang on this list, you'd better develop a lot
thicker skin (and heed some of your own advise!) i.e.:
"some people need to think about what they say before they open thier
mouths..."
&
"once I get the name of the magazine, i will show you..."

Lets see, you said...
" Dodge has made a production truck called the SR-71 Dakota "
- No, Dodge made the Dakota. The SR-71 is not in "production" by anyone -
especially Dodge. It was a one-off project. The company is looking at
producing some of the parts they fabricated for resale, and of course the
aftermarket parts available on the open market. At this point, the SR-71 is
one of a kind.

" it is black," - O.K. - well you got that right

" it has the front end of a dakota and a rear end of a viper,"
Actually, the front uses some Viper components (towers, brakes), the rear is
pretty much a custom job - all the suspension (IFS & IRS) were custom
fabricated by Constant Velocity.

" the sides of it, alsoo like the viper " - no, body panels the aftermarket
company manufactured for the project.

" and it has basically the viper engine in it," - no, as stated the motor is
a hopped up 360, a sweet engine... but a far cry from the Viper's V10

" and I think the chasis are from the viper, and more in likely same size
wheels,"
the 'chasis' (whats left of it...) is from a Dak Reg cab 4x2. The wheels are
custom 17" from HRE, but it does use the same tires as the Viper.

" I saw it in a recent issue of a truck magazine, forgot the name of it... "

If you want the full story, go to http://www.mandlauto.com/bullet.html

So, Charles was pretty on target with his remarks.
Your facts were not straight, & as you can see... it generated a fair amount
of posts!

The gang on this list is pretty accepting of everyone. But... have your
facts together before you spout off or else you can be certain that plenty
of folks will let you know otherwise!

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK - F&B Stage I TBI

Original Text
From FLFISH20@SMTPGATE {FLFish2020@aol.com}, on 20/02/1999 10:58 AM:
To: DAKOTA-T@SMTPGATE {dakota-truck@buffnet.net}

Okay maybe I was wrong aboiut the engine, but it seemed like charles was
referring that I was totallly wrong aboiut the whole truck, saying that
there
was no such thing as a SR-71.

Ethan