Re: Damn F&!*ing Cupholders

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 21 1999 - 04:23:50 EST

On Sat, 20 Feb 1999, SmokinDakota wrote:
> I know some others have this problem, especially the 97 5 speeds. I think
> they might of changed the cupholders in 98. Anyone wanna trade there bench
> seat with one where the slides out from under the middle seat for one that
> doesn't? I would throw in some bass shakers and an amp in exchange. Anyone
> know if I can get the dealer to exchange it? LOL. . .

   This probably won't help you much, but what might be pretty slick
is to get the cupholders from a 1996 or earlier Dak and install
them in your truck. I'm not sure where you could mount them,
but they're a GREAT cupholder, and they say "Dakota" on 'em.
As long as the work was professional looking, that would make
a nice custom touch; especially to anyone who knows Dakotas. :-)
Depends on how much you want to change your cupholder situation,
I guess... This probably wouldn't be much trouble at all for
a shop that specializes in custom stuff like this. I would
guess most auto restorers/body shops would be able to pull
it off.

  They're the kind that slide out of the dash on the passenger side.
(So you'd have to do some cutting to install 'em, unfortunately.)
I guess CC must've gotten rid of them when they installed the
passenger side airbag, but they're the best cupholders I've ever
had! They won't fit a 32oz drink, but they handle the regular
sizes just fine. I've often thought to myself that if I ever
build a plane, its gonna get a set of pre-'97 cupholders mounted
right in the instrument panel. :-)

                                              -Jon-