rear end help

From: Michael Clark (markiiidakota@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 21 1999 - 22:14:02 EST

I was changing my oil the other day and happened to look at the drive
shaft where it connects to the rear diff. I found what looks to be oil
that has been slinging out from this area. It has slung some onto the
gas tank (that's how I noticed it). It's not a lot of oil, just a thin
coating enough that you can see it, nowhere near enough to drip. The
connection between the shaft and diff looked to be fairly oil free but I
didn't check things out real closely. Didn't see any leaks from the
diff anywhere.

What could this be? Some kind of seal going bad???? Thanks.

---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html
 Dakota Webring==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/webring/ring.html