Re: ' 87-' 90 I know you're out there -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 22 1999 - 17:03:03 EST

did you get that recall about the steering rack a while ago? There was a
recall on 87-90 daks.. something about how the steering rack could come
off so they had to make sure it was welded good and snug...yours might
be "recall worthy" .. or on it's way =)

-mike d.

>>> <CuJPbHP@aol.com> 02/20/99 02:31pm >>>
Yeah, get rid of that girlie steering wheel first. Then, according to Ray at
Firestone, you can tighten up your steering by tightening the nut on your
steering box. BUT do not I repeat DO NOT go more than a half of a turn or
you
run the risk of added stress to the component. Good luck and see you
later.