Re: 5 Speed vs. Automatic

From: David Slocum (preacher@carolina.rr.com)
Date: Mon Feb 22 1999 - 18:45:11 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: Dennis Pendleton <Dennis.Pendleton@harrisgrp.com>
To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Sent: Monday, February 22, 1999 4:42 PM
Subject: DML: 5 Speed vs. Automatic

>I'm upgrading my truck from a '97 2WD Sport 5sp V6 to a '99 4X4 Sport V8
and
>would appreciate any comments, plus or minus, on the automatic
transmission.
>The 5 speed works good but I'm thinking an auto trans would provide more
range
>of power especially in 4WD.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Dennis

When I got my new truck I went from a standard to an automatic (though I
admit it is more because of the city driving I do than any other reason) It
seems to me that there isn't as much low-end "Umph" in the auto but it DOES
make it nice if you are offroad (doing anything but rock-climbing!) [Just my
2cents]

Preacher
99 5.2L 4x4 SLT

While I am here... a quick P.S.

I have an 2-tone SLT.... I have seen several other SLT 5.2L 4x4's around but
mine is the only 2-tone..... Any ideas? (Not that it matters a whole hell of
a lot.. I got exactly what I wanted when I bought it... just curious)