Re: Antifreeze issues

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Mon Feb 22 1999 - 19:05:15 EST

Robert,

Do you possibly have a pinhole leak somewhere above the 1/2 inch mark
that only allows A/F to leak under pressure? My wife's Intrepid had that
happen. Just replaced the resivoir and it was fine.

Something else you said concerns me. Were there bubbles in the tank or
was it foam? Foam will not keep the engine cool. Both indicate an air
leak somewhere in the system.

Richard in SA

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999 13:22:30 -0500 Robert Trottmann
<rotrottmann@davidson.edu> writes:
>Ok, this would be the 4th time I've posted this, and it just won't go
>through.
>Basically, whenever I fill my antifreeze res. it sprays out over the
>engine from
>god knows where. Since summer, I have had about 1/2 inch of
>antifreeze
>in the res. and the engine runs fine. Yes, I drive on a regular basis
>w/ just 1/2 inch of antifreeze in the res, any more than that it will
>spray out at random intervals. Today, after racing an IROC Z for about
>20 miles, reaching speeds of WELL above the 110 max on the speedo, I
>checked the engine out, and saw a froth of bubbles on the top of the
>antifreeze in the res.
>What does this mean? The truck ran GREAT, always runs w/o problems,
>so
>I figure, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Like I said, if I fill the
>antifreeze, it drops until it hits about 1/2 inch, then stays there
>for
>ever.
>-Robert

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]