RE: R/T SBEC (Computer) Rag session

From: Jason Jennings (jason@spray-tech.com)
Date: Tue Feb 23 1999 - 11:16:56 EST

Sure you could go either way with this project. You code build a micro
to intercept the pulses, or just flash the sucker to death. I would
still feel better if we knew what the SBEC was really doing. I am just
paranoid of doing a hack and slash like the rest of them out there. The
micro is not terribly complicated. all you need is a bit of time with
the right emulators, and BAM you should have a fairly legible idea of
how the SBEC code really works. Once you know what is going on at the
software level. you can them mode the code by turn those bits the way
you want them.... It is still a hack and slash, but you really should
get down and dirty with the root code. You can scope out the voltages
on the PCM. I'm sure a few EE gurus out there could tap into the
harness and make sense of all the gizmos under the hood. I think it is
a rough and tough way to go myself. Cracking code is a bitch of a job,
but so are those @#!$!@$%@$% darn signals on a scope, hahahahahaha....
I fired off my first email examining the idea of reverse coding the
SBEC. Once the boss man here is free. I will talk hack and slash terms
with him.

Jason
2/23/99 11:16 AM