Re: G-tech

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 23 1999 - 17:30:16 EST

On 23 Feb 1999, RCPL-VAN CNIWR wrote:
> Hello. I've seen alot of good comments about the G-tech, and would
> like one myself, but there is something that I question. It doesn't
> take into account your reaction time, which a dragstrip timinng lights
> does. This is usually .6 seconds or so and could turn an exciting 14
> sec. time to a low-mid 15 sec. quarter mile. Do the people that have
> them realize this when they are getting their numbers? Does the G-tech
> take reaction into account. Not sure if it could because it starts
> timing once it senses movement, right? Graeme said that some people
> have taken it to the track and the results were good. How far off was
> it? It would be interesting to know. Thanks.

   Chad,

  This actually isn't an issue. While its true that reaction time
plays a part in who gets to the finish line first, it doesn't have
any effect on your ET. So, I guess the short answer is, yep, the
G-tech starts when it senses movement, but no, it doesn't take
reaction time into consideration because it isn't a part of the ET.

                                              -Jon-