Re: Heat sheild removal, WAS: plugwire cross-fire check

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Wed Feb 24 1999 - 13:30:07 EST

Again, it's a compression fitting. Merely squeeze the heat shield
together (notice the slit that runs the length of the shield?)This makes
the diameter smaller and you can play dentist and yank it out. Makes
spark plug boot and spark plug removal much easier. If you replace the
shield, remember the idea is to have the slit facing the top of the
engine (up) to release heat.
HTH
rap