Heat sheild removal, WAS: plugwire cross-fire check

From: Jon Smith (jdsmith4@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 24 1999 - 09:29:31 EST

How'd you get them things off anyhow? I've been trying to get them
off so they wouldn't hold mud down in there, but wasn't sure how they
were fit into the head.

> Since my wires were arcing to the heat shields on the plugs, I
decided to
> pull those heat shields off and run the motor without them. Well, the
> arcing has disappeared at the plugs, but there are still hundreds of
> miniature blue lights up on top of the distributor cap!! I'll leave
the
> heat shields off and see how the truck runs tomorrow. I really
don't care

==

Jon Smith -- NC
'95 CC SLT 4x4
318 auto, MP comp, JBA headers, 8.5mm MSD wires, 14x3 K&N, dual cat-back glasspacks, 180 degree thermo, spectre wire dividers

ICQ # 9720504