Re: Running Rough

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 24 1999 - 23:54:30 EST

<< My 93 Sport V6, 5 spd, 4x4, 47,000 miles, has developed a rough running
condition. At idle it is only slightly noticeable but as the rpms increase it
becomes more noticeable, particularly at about 1400 RPMs, then seems to smooth
out somewhat. The truck doesn't sputter or hesitate when accelerating. I
have replaced the plugs, wires, cap and rotor and the condition is still
there. I've also done a visual check for broken or loose vacuum hoses and
wires. Any ideas on what (and how) to check next? Thanks in advance for any
help.

Have you tried checking the fault codes??? This will tell you alot, I
basically have the same Dak, I rely heavily on the 'check engine falult code
test' . How about the Automatic Idle Sensor(aka AIS Motor)??? I had my AIS
replaced under warranty 1 time and the last time the fault code came up for it
I simply cleaned the head of the sensor with TB cleaner and the code went
away. Good Luck.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6
101,800 miles