Re[2]: Tailgate squeak

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Fri Feb 26 1999 - 19:15:13 EST

I don't -or- didn't have a squeak but I used some weather stripping kind of
stuff to try to seal out dust and crud from the bed (I have a cap on it)...
It didn't work but the vertical strips I put in made for an extremely tight
fit between the tailgate and vertical box sides. There is no way my
tailgate will ever squeak.

I forget what the stuff is called but I ordered it from JC Whitney. It's
just a long piece of foam rubber with adhesive and one side of it has a
ridged bulb kinda' thingy that's supposed to make the seal. If you run
some of this stuff along the vertical sides of your bed (where the latches
are) you won't have a squeaky tailgate.

Tom