Re: 88 V6 Codes!!

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Sun Feb 28 1999 - 01:22:05 EST

I used to get the 17.. I got it for about a year. turns out my T-stat was
stuck half open. You'll also get a 17 if you run the truck for a certain
amount of time and it never reaches operating temp. The 33 is an open
circuit. Juat change your T-stat (pain in the ass!!) and it SHOULD go
away, at least mine did =) I've never got the "begin test" code either,
so don't worry about that... I put a 195 in mine when I chaged it because
I didn't wanna take any chances with that damn 17 code again, but since
you may be in the market for a Tstat, you may wanna try the 180, but I
wouldn't go any lower than that in my 6er =) hope this helps!!

-mike d.

88, V6, LE, 3.55, Slush-o-matic, headers, Flowmaster, TekStyle Tonneau,
and more.
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133
miggitymike@juno.com
          "The only reason a Dakota will beat a Ranger is because of the
engine"
                                      - Disgruntled Ranger Owner

----

___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]