88 V6 Codes!!

From: Chris (Clam9892@postoffice.uri.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 28 1999 - 00:37:13 EST

Ok i finally managed to pull the codes, all this time i have been unable to
see my check engine light due to my tach. Ok here's what i got.

17- engine running too cold
33- A/C clutch relay circuit
55- end of test

I got all of this out of my Haynes maunal. Ok now for my questions, the
truck now has 124,350 mi on it and the check engine light came on and
stayed on as of 57,000 mi. why does it not show a code 62 which is a check
emissios reminder as i have never had this done and my emissions are barely
intact. How about a 64 or a 72, catalytic convertor efficiency failure...
my cat is ultra freeflow if you catch my drift, at least until i replace it
with an aftermarket,(it's teh factory shell). i didn't get a code 88 for
the start of the test, is this normal? now for the interesting stuff, i
still have the 195 degreee thermostat and the truck reaches operating
temperature so what is causing this code 17? Also i have no A/C and also
no clutch so how can the A/C clutch relay be bad if it should not exist?
The truck runs like a wet dream once it has warmed up, while it is still
cold (right now it is 12 degrees out) it bucks under load at slow speeds
and prefers not to get to high ones, that is until i gas the hell out of it
and rev the poor premag to 4 grand then it is fine... or about 5 mins of
babying it, depends on the day how i'm driving. I changed the trottle
position sensor and this made the cold weather running better but not
totally smooth. Also it doesn't like to start all the time, usually it'll
crank over and die instantly after it catches then when i again hit the
starter it'll just keep cranking til i give it some gas. it has only done
thins 5 or 6 times so far but i am starting to worry a little. If any one
can help me i really appreciate it. Sorry for the length but i am feeling
long winded tonight.

Thannk you,
Chris

----
'88 V-6, V-8 planning in progress, 2wd, FABM, A-518 Tranny, Accel Ignition,
Blue Interior Lights, "Free Flow Cat", ... and more...
----