88 V6 Codes!!

From: Chris (Clam9892@postoffice.uri.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 01 1999 - 12:06:02 EST

>>>Also it doesn't like to start all the time, usually it'll
>crank over and die instantly after it catches then when i again hit the
>starter it'll just keep cranking til i give it some gas. it has only
done
>thins 5 or 6 times so far but i am starting to worry a little. <<<
>
>ya' know, mine used to do that. Hasn't done it since I changed the EGR
>and T-stat, so that may just add to the "new Tstat theory"... mine would
>do it on a warm restart or sometimes on a cold start. Hasn't done it sine
>Christmas, and it usually acts up when the weather is changing...
>
>- -mike d.

Mike, what did teh egr run ya? labor also if you had the dealer do it...

>Yeah, esp. if you have the carb. I've read in tech books that the MSD will
>allow the engine to warm up to operating temperature a lot quicker. I had
>one on my '76 Charger and the 400 big-block started INSTANTLY and never died
>on me, even in temps down to -30 F. (I used to live in South Dakota). I
>think it's an excellent investment if you have a carb, relieves some of
>those carb-tuning problems.

Well i don't have a carb, but if i got the MSD i would need a new coil
correct. this coul is nor made for repeated high rpm use(over 6k i
believe) and since up to 3k rpm the msd puts out multiple sparks, if it's 3
sparks per stroke at 3000 rpm this is equivalent to running at 9k rpm correct?

chris

----
'88 V-6, V-8 planning in progress, 2wd, FABM, A-518 Tranny, Accel Ignition,
Blue Interior Lights, "Free Flow Cat", ... and more...
----