Re: Questions:V6 FABM/FIPK

From: mike kulczycki (dakota1994@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 01 1999 - 15:59:41 EST

i've got a 94 V6, should be the same. i just used the stock size
filter, 10", and am using a mr. gasket, i think, 10" open element air
filter plates. the only problem i have is that the stock tb bolt isn't
long enough. i had to flip the top plate over so that it fits. the
last time i tried removing the tb bolt i snapped it right off and had to
pay 112 bucks to have another put on.... so if you have better luck
removing the tb bolt, let me know.....
but otherwise it works great.... you can hear the throttle body more,
and it usually whistles in the morning, but i don't mind, i kind of like
the sound......
i don't know if it's any better than other setups, but i can tell the
difference from the stock housing with the plastic plate removed in the
front....
if you find any better ways for the old 6er let us know...

mike k
94 cc, slt, v6, 2wd, stuff....

>For those whom have installed a 360 degree open element on your Pre97
V6, how
>do you like it over the stock setp? I have been contemplating this mod
more
>and more for my V6; just still not SOLD on the performace gains it will
offer.
>My current setup is a Hi-Flo Amsoil filter and I removed the grill
inlet plate
>and sealed all the air inlet parts with so there isnt any air flow
loss. I
>would rather 'create' my own kit and not buy the $100 K&N kit. First
off, I
>need to know what parts(and part#'s) are used and how tall of element
can be
>used, cough cough, with no clearance problems, cough cough. I am still
lost on
>how it sits on the stock TB; is it same as the stock round filter
housing
>does? I see most companies specify the base/neck opening at like 5
1/8", is
>this what I need. How about the base, does it need to be offset, flat,
or
>dropped? Will a 9 inch filter work? 10 inch? How much did the parts
cost you?
>I especailly need to know what happens to the crankcase inlet filter(on
the
>valve cover)/rubber hose that runs into the stock air filter housing; I
never
>figured that out!! I could really use some good advice/info on this
subject,
>so please help as you all usually do and have done for me in the past.
You can