Questions:V6 FABM/FIPK

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 01 1999 - 02:32:00 EST

For those whom have installed a 360 degree open element on your Pre97 V6, how
do you like it over the stock setp? I have been contemplating this mod more
and more for my V6; just still not SOLD on the performace gains it will offer.
My current setup is a Hi-Flo Amsoil filter and I removed the grill inlet plate
and sealed all the air inlet parts with so there isnt any air flow loss. I
would rather 'create' my own kit and not buy the $100 K&N kit. First off, I
need to know what parts(and part#'s) are used and how tall of element can be
used, cough cough, with no clearance problems, cough cough. I am still lost on
how it sits on the stock TB; is it same as the stock round filter housing
does? I see most companies specify the base/neck opening at like 5 1/8", is
this what I need. How about the base, does it need to be offset, flat, or
dropped? Will a 9 inch filter work? 10 inch? How much did the parts cost you?
I especailly need to know what happens to the crankcase inlet filter(on the
valve cover)/rubber hose that runs into the stock air filter housing; I never
figured that out!! I could really use some good advice/info on this subject,
so please help as you all usually do and have done for me in the past. You can
either post this or email the info privately to GrnDak4x4@AOL.COM
THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6