Re: Want a challenge? I Need help.

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Mon Mar 01 1999 - 16:54:29 EST

Mine had some of these symptoms, but not quite as severe... it was my EGR
valve. When I had it done, I did the Tstat and PCV at the same time.
Change the EGR and a lot of it should go away. Even though you're not
getting a code from Mr. Computer, it may still be shot. If that doesn't
work, it may just be your Fuel Pump. I say, if the EGR thing don't fix
it, you may have to bite the bullet and take her to the dealer ($$$) =(

-mike d.
88, 6er, LE, 3.55, Slush-o-matic, headers, Flowmaster, TekStyle Tonneau,
and more.
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133
miggitymike@juno.com
          "The only reason a Dakota will beat a Ranger is because of the
engine"
                                      - Disgruntled Ranger Owner

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999 08:58:06 -0500 (EST) Corey A Meyer <cameyer@bw.edu>
writes:

> My '89 3.9L dakota is having major problems which neither I
>nor
>any of my knowledgable friends can figure out-so I am turning to the
>DML
>for aide in my quest.
>
>SYMPTOMS
> While in Newutral: Revs itself up and down indefinitely-usually
>will
> stall at a down point after a while
> While Driving: Major Hesitation
> When giving any gas-will "die"=like missing I guess
>or
> "die"=almost stalling
> Only actually accelerates without lurching back
>and
> forth when pedal is floored
> Always: Bad gas mileage
> Trouble starting
> Before: Same thing seemed to happen-right after the engine was
>washed
> off
> I unplugged the Speed Sensor and that SEEMED to make it
>go
> away
>
> Recently: All new Champion Truck spark plugs=no difference
> The engine was washed off again-and this problem
>occurred
> a while later(Not seemingly right away)
> All electrical plugs in the engine were pulled and all
>were
> blown out well-still happens
> Computer shows only that Speed Sensor is not in--b/c was
>
> unplugged before and no problems with unplugged until
>now
>
> This is my problem. It is hell to drive-especially in first
>and
>will stall on me many times at lights and will die as I pull out
>anywhere
>causing me to almost get hit.
> Any help you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated.
>Possible reasons I've heard=carb,injectors,Fuel filter,Computer,or
>any
>sensors?
> Please help. Corey Meyer

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]