RE: I love my Dak....but (continued)

From: Wayne T. Schultz (rimfax@email.msn.com)
Date: Mon Mar 01 1999 - 17:45:39 EST

Ouch!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet4.buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet4.buffnet.net] On Behalf Of Graeme
Weston-Lewis
Sent: Friday, February 26, 1999 1:52 AM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: I love my Dak....but (continued)

Well,
 I got my Dak back complete with ew control arms and ball joints and I
cannot tell any difference...
 Truck went in for the following
1. Rattle in door
2. Headliner Drooping
3. CD player won't take CD's anymore
4. Stearing wheel not centered
I now have the current problems
1. Rattle in front door
2. Headliner drooping - on order
3. Cd player won't take CD's - on order
4. Stearing wheel not centered
I have *got* to find me another dealer.

Also, I noticed that when I got on the throttle hard, the truck seemed to
roar much louder than before. I got under the hood
today and revved the engine and noticed the air box was missing the nut that
holds it to the TB...WTF. Since when did replacing
ball joints and control arms require removing the airbox?Took it back to the
dealer and at least they replaced it without any
trouble, but here's the kicker, they did not have the "special" nut and had
to "borrow" one from some other poor suckers
truck!!!! Said they would order one to replace his....
I have *got* to find me another dealer.

Graeme
'97 SLT CC 4x4 v8
Did I say I have *got* to find me another dealer.....