RE Guttless 318

From: BRAD BAKER (BEASTYTHANG@webtv.net)
Date: Mon Mar 01 1999 - 21:37:00 EST

    The truck still has the 2 1/2" section from the Y-pipe to the stock
2 1/2" cat. I was going to go to a 3" cat and replace that section with
3" pipe. You think that's a bad move I take it. Sure don't want to lose
any more bottom end. I noticed only positive results with the 3"
cat-back and major improvement from 1500 rpm all the way up with the
headers. I kmow the 31's are not helping any, with the already too-high
gear set up; but they didn't slow me down that much. I stil suspect the
omni-pak is part of the low end problem. It runs like it has a flat cam,
lack of power-poor throttle response-picks up rpm very slowly when
revving in neutral. stalls/stumbles if nailed hard and fast.
Thanks Brad