Re: Washing:----> Bob H

From: Elmer Hanhart (hanharte@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Mar 02 1999 - 00:45:39 EST

Do you ever polish it before you wax it? Polishing will take off built
up wax and oxidation. If you don't polish it, you are just sealing in
contaminets and oxidation. Wash it, dry it (and drive it around the
block to make sure you get out all of the water), polish it (w/ an
orbital buffer if necessary), then wax it. It takes a little more time
to do it right, but well worth it. I worked in a wash-bay for a couple
of years, so if you have any specific questions or want some hints, feel
free to ask.

Never wash, dry, polish or wax in the sun. (wax can be removed in sun,
just not applied)

SOS pads work well to get tires clean

Steel wool works well to get water spots/bad bugs off of glass/chrome
(do not use on mirrors)

Wash the clean parts first, dirty parts last. Preferable top-to-bottom.

Newspaper gets interior glass clean (the haze from the toxic glues and
plastic fumes)

Never mistake tire dressing for window cleaner, it WILL NOT clean the
windows (personal reference-I still get ridiculed for this one. They
were close to the same color...)

Erich