Re: Washing:----> Bob H

From: Elmer Hanhart (hanharte@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Mar 02 1999 - 11:27:29 EST

Yeah, newspaper. Get one sheet and fold it to about 12"x12", rub on the
windows (I don't use any cleaner in this step). You will be suprised at
how well it works (don't worry, I asked the same thing when I was first
told of the trick). Do a final cleaning w/ normal window cleaner and a
rag. Repeat if needed. I personally dont use a buffer on my truck, I
save that thing for the badly oxidized cars. Just make sure you are
using different pads for each step. Let the buffer and product do the
work, not your arms. If you are a novice, don't use a high speed buffer,
you will probably end up burning the paint. The only time I apply w/ a
buffer is if the finish is badly oxidized, taking it off w/ a buffer is
fine. Otherwise apply by hand, it is cleaner/safer this way.

Erich