Power woes...(was gutless 318)

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Tue Mar 02 1999 - 11:13:00 EST

   I can empathize with the powerlessness of the 318. I actually raced (first
time for everything) a Lexus 300GS (older style, not the new one) V6. Nailed
him off the line but he blew past me at about 50 mph. I know it's not really
my engines fault, the truck weighs 5000lbs and has larger than normal tires,
but I figured it could stay ahead of a V6. I don't know how you guys beat
'stangs with your trucks, but you must have the heck modded out of them and
itty-bitty tires.
   My only planned preformance upgrades are Tony D's intake system, JBA y-pipe
and a custom short dump cat-back system. Those are mainly for fuel economy,
but should provide some power too.

Shaun H.