Re[4]: Questions:V6 FABM/FIPK

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Tue Mar 02 1999 - 12:39:46 EST

Hmmmmm... The S bolt goes into the bracket mounting hole (that's the need for
the S shape to center the bolt under the air hat or can top). Originally, I
just took out the stock air hat rod and replaced it with a longer threaded rod.
I used two nuts and washers to hold the rod onto the bracket so nothing could
fall off and go down the throttle body.

As I remember the hard part was separating the air hat rod from the bracket and
not getting the bracket off the throttle body... Did you let the engine cool
completely before you tried to remove the bracket?? The TB gets wicked hot and
retains the heat for quite awhile as I recall. I'd let the engine cool
overnight before I gave it a try again... I think the TB is made out of
aluminum, so be careful!

Tom