Re[2]: : Pinging????

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Tue Mar 02 1999 - 21:46:22 EST

<<My 95 V-8 used to ping. Tried every type of fuel and nothing helped.

Put in a 180 degree thermostat and that helped some, still ping a
little,
but not as bad. Put the JBA headers on, now it pinged even less, on
87 octane, running on 89 octane now I don't get any pinging at all.

So between the 180 thermostat, headers and 89 octane gas I got
rid of my pinging.

AHH HA! I knew somebody would confirm this sooner or later! I had done the
180, FABM, different octane's and additives but nothing stopped the ping 'till I
put the headers on (mine are JBA's as well)... Nobody has been able to explain
why this is, but with this confirmation --I'll take what I can get!

L8R,

Tom