Re: Re[2]: : Pinging????

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Wed Mar 03 1999 - 00:36:40 EST

Hey Gang, I pulled this of the "alt.autos.dodge.trucks" newsgroup for those
of you that missed it.
In hopes this will help all with the pinging problem they are experiencing.
Chryco TSB #18-24-98 covers 96-97 Vans, Dak's, Ram's, Cherokee's and Grand
Cherokee's with 2.5L, 4.0L, 3.9L 5.2L & 5.9L engines. This TSB announces a
new software revision that allow the dealer to tweak the timing slightly to
mitigate the engine ping condition. Also, Chryco TSB #18-48-98 covers '94 -
'99 Dak's & Ram's, '94 - '98 Grand Cherokee's and '98 & '99 Durango's, all
with 5.2L & 5.9L engines. It identifies a possible crossfire problem with
the plug wires and offers new P/N's for isolators and convolute insulation
that will mitigate this problem also. Contact your dealer for more info on
these fixes. Hope this helps... Good Luck!!
Chryco Service Manager
Member SAE