Re: Warranty/Pinging????

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Wed Mar 03 1999 - 09:59:27 EST

I don't buy it... If it was that easy to scrap the warranty there wouldn't be
an after-market! Maybe I'm just lucky, but the dealership I go to doesn't have
a problem with improvements. He's got a problem with abuse of the vehicle, but
not after-market improvements.

If headers eliminate a case of the pings after checking all the basics, how is
this "the wrong thing to do"? Moreover, the owners manual states you may
experience some spark knock from time to time under load. After the headers I
don't experience spark knock "."

The bottom line is, I did *not* put the headers on to cure the ping --it was
simply an added bonus.

Tom