RE: Re: Warranty/Pinging????

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Mar 03 1999 - 18:32:42 EST

If you have the problem with the vehicle, and it's a new (under warranty)
vehicle at that...demand that the dealer find the cause and fix it at their
cost. (Hell, if it means that they have to put headers on it...why not.)

There are a lot of Dak's that came from the factory that don't ping so that
tells me that there is a problem with the original configuration.
(Aftermarket parts can fix these...but again, if it's new and under
warranty, make them fix it. Why should you spend the money to fix their
screw-up.)

I don't agree with the "Warranty Rules"..hell, Edelbrock proved the C.A.R.B.
and EPA wrong several years ago with a motor that they built...and it ran
cleaner, more efficient, and a hell-uv-a-lot more power. It didn't go
through though because the damn bureaucrats said "NO...It doesn't conform to
the current smog/emissions laws". (A--holes!)

Regards,

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
bernd@texas.net
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd
1997 Dakota SLT-CC (3.9L)
License Plate Frame: "Don't Follow Me...I'm Trolling for Toyota's"
Song for the Day: "Gonna buy me a Dodge Truck and blow those Fords off the
road....."