Re: Underhood Liner Removal?

From: Ryan D. Krokosinski (eqgroup@equinoxfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Mar 03 1999 - 12:04:51 EST

I'm thinking about removing my hood liner for more clearance for my ram-air box.  It seems to be at least a half inch deep and I could use the space.  Am I correct in assuming that removal entails breaking off the plastic tabs that hold it on?  They look like some sort of plastic rivet (although I haven't looked very closely at them).  Is there anything else that needs to be done, or is it just the tabs holding it on?  Also, if anyone has done this, what lies in wait behind the liner... anything nasty or unsightly?  I'm hoping it will look better without the liner. i.e. black paint.  I hate surprises.

Ryan K
'99 R/T RC