Re: Re: Underhood Liner Removal?

From: Jeff Lee (jlee@atlanta.nsc.com)
Date: Wed Mar 03 1999 - 13:39:26 EST

Ryan D. Krokosinski wrote:

> I'm thinking about removing my hood liner for more clearance for my
> ram-air box. It seems to be at least a half inch deep and I could use
> the space. Am I correct in assuming that removal entails breaking off
> the plastic tabs that hold it on? They look like some sort of plastic
> rivet (although I haven't looked very closely at them). Is there
> anything else that needs to be done, or is it just the tabs holding it
> on? Also, if anyone has done this, what lies in wait behind the
> liner... anything nasty or unsightly? I'm hoping it will look better
> without the liner. i.e. black paint. I hate surprises.

Nothing under there but painted metal. The plastic clips are it - rip em
off and the liner slides off. There are 2 tabs of the liner material are
slipped into slots in the hood frame - this hold the back of the liner
in place.

The sport model comes without the liner. I added the liner to my sport
as it reduces engine noise in the cab slightly and keeps the hood paint
cooler - I liked that tought Ram imprint too. ;)

jeff
98 RC 5.2 5spd