DML message posting

From: Brucklacher, Brett (brettb@amgen.com)
Date: Thu Mar 04 1999 - 12:59:10 EST

Non Dak related, but DML related-- use delete key as required by your
personal preference!

Let me preface this by stating that I am NOT complaining!!! I just want to
find out if others are having the same things happen to them with the
list...

I subscribe to the regular version of the DML (not the digest). I have
noticed the following:

1) Sometimes when I post, the top line or two is axed (I KNOW others suffer
the same fate...)
2) I almost always get messages out of order-- i.e. the reply shows up
before the question does! Which actually makes reading the list a bit
easier, as I can just delete the question when it finally rolls through!
:^)
3) Rarely (happened 2 or 3 times now) I'll try to post and nothing ever gets
through-- not even a blank message.
4) Sometimes when I post, it takes 2-3 hours before I see it roll through--
this may be related to the out of order posts...

Any ideas on why? Jon, have others alerted you to similar issues?

Again, I'm not complaining! I love this list and the information I've gained
from it (BTW the signal/noise ratio is better on this list than any other
non-moderated list I've subscribed to! Keep it up!) I just want to know if
it's something on my end (perhaps with the configuration of our SMTP server)
or what the deal is.

Thanks for the time-- sorry to clog the list with non-Dak stuff!

--Brett