RE: skid plates on order

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 04 1999 - 18:26:25 EST

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Norah Bleazard wrote:
> > Congratulations! (I can almost see the sickness working its
> > way through
> > you two...) ;-) A skid plate here, an FABM there, the next
> > thing you know
> > you'll be entering monster truck rallies. ;-)
>
> Monster Truck? Hmmmm.... Nah, I just want to have fun and stay street
> legal. Just can't see me pulling into the Sprint parking lot in a monster
> truck.

  That's true. 'Course, it *would* open up your parking opportunities. ;-)

> But we're seriously thinking of entering an offroad rally.

  Cool! :-) But that's a whole 'nother animal that'll only help to
feed the sickness. Once you get that competitive nature in your
blood, you'll never be able to flush it out again... You'll be a rally
junkie; when you're not going through withdrawl, you'll be working on the
Dak, and basically just living from race to race... ;-)
   I'd really love to run in a rally sometime, but not with my
truck! Gimme something I wouldn't be afraid to beat up a
little. :-)

> > By the way, I found an automotive fire extinguisher at Wal-Mart for
> > under $10. Its got little "teeth" in it that sort've work into the
> > carpet and hold it in place. It fits great beside the club cab seat
> > in my '96. I've been thinking about getting another one for the other
> > side, since its kind've small... One thing I don't really like though
> > is that they're not rechargeable so you'll probably have to throw 'em
> > out after 2 years or so. I haven't been able to find a rechargeable
> > extinguisher that small though.
>
> Jason has his attached to the floor beside the passenger door. Not a real
> great spot as it tends to get hit lightly when closing the door. Not much
> floor space in the 5 spd reg cab. Maybe the spot between and behind the
> bucket seats. But then we'd lose what little storage room we have back
> there. Any ideas on where a better spot would be on the white '95?

   Hmmm, is there any room to mount it on a door pillar? Since you've
got a tonneau, what about the left front corner of the bed? Maybe
hanging underneath the glovebox? Or what about the floor in front of the
shifter? You could probably mount it on the side of the transmission
hump, but that's going to restrict the passenger's legroom a little bit.

TTYL!

                                              -Jon-