RE: Blue Dots

From: SmokinDakota (smokindakota@email.msn.com)
Date: Thu Mar 04 1999 - 19:32:15 EST

Well, you are most likely correct. However, there are a lot of cars out
there that are not street legal. Those clear lenses, those Chebby trucks
draggin' frame and scrapin' sparks, blue headlights, tinted front windows
and so on. But people still do it to their truck or car. Hell, here in
california:

Section 27151 of the vehicle code says: 'No person shall modify the exhaust
system of a motor vehicle in a manner which will amplify or increase the
noise emitted by the motor of such vehicle so that the vehicle is not in
compliance withthe provisions of Section 27150 or
exceeds the noise limits established for the type of vehicle in Article 2.5
(commencing withSection 27200) of this chapter. No person shall operate a
motor
vehicle with an exhaust system so modified."

That means that many Californians have illegal autos, especially with all
the imports around here running those bumble bee coffe can exhausts, but
they still do it. I guess my point is not everybody is law-abbiding.

Steven 2me
http://www.smokindakota.com

p.s. that excerpt was taken from http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/calaw.html under
vehicle code.