poor Man's ram air installed (VERY EASY!!!)-instructions...

From: Dester243@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 04 1999 - 23:50:17 EST

oh my god, i just did the easiest mod ever to my truck. A poor man's ram air
tube.
consists of :
-4" dryer(cloths dryer) exhaust aluminium tube. Bought at walmart for 5.97..
you guys need a model number? hehe
-1 pack of those self locking straps. also at walmart for 1.97... model
number?

VERY important. I had to double up on the wires so it could extend them to go
all the way around that huge pipe... stick one end of the wire into the
lockin snap thing and then using the other locking snap on the other end of
the wire... you don't have to buy HUGE straps.. it's cheap, but why not
save when you can?

What i did. Removed the Air box... (oh, i have a 10 air cleaner) it helps
you fit the 4" tube in there, otherwise, i think you can only use a 2-3
inchtube, and without bending the tube A LOT you can't get a good position
with very few bends.

I measured and tried locating the tube in different directions. Opted by
tying it to the AC pipe that goes thru the plastic shroud piece. i had to
bend the end of the 4 " tube to make an oval shape a bit because it's a little
tight to squeeze thru there. but it works. Then i just used common places
along the way (away from the fan and belt) and tied 2 the tube down in two
more locations. I haven't tested it out yet, but i'm sure it'll have a lota
performance at higher speeds on the highway, good for long trips. i THINK
the other wires i locked it onto is the Throttle cable/idle cable? and some
other excess wire in the way. as long as it holds. tomorrow i'm going to get
a screen so bugs don't fly into my ram air tube.
-Dester